Yes, I know it was very cliche for a cop to bring her daughter doughnuts for breakfast...but hey, sometimes I like doughnuts! You do too!Your going to learn in life that there are a lot of stereotypes. Most of them are just that; neither fact nor fiction. Maybe somewhere in between. Growing up in a law enforcement family, I learned a lot of em.
Like how they're all crooked: Cops want to put the screws to you at every turn. That's funny because I thought they worked their 8 hours (or 10, or 12) a day trying to look out for, protect and save John Q. Public's rear end! I must have been mistaken. Yeah, there are a handful out there who blemish the badge but there are screw-up's in every profession. I've come to learn that the ones who name call and think they're being targeted have a reason to feel so suspicious and guilty, so take it for what it's worth.
Or how about how they love writing speeding tickets, even when your "not speeding." Working in law enforcement myself now, I can tell you that they'd rather be doing something else...trust me. Usually their time is spent on the bigger things: domestics, accidents, warrants, etc. They really don't want to have to write people up for doing 6 over the limit, they just want to give you a warning. Some people talk themselves into a ticket though. Their excuses, their attitude. Just be responsible, own up to what you did, apologize and you'll probably get to move on a lot easier with your life. THAT little piece of advice, my dear, you can apply to a lot in life.
To wrap this little speech up, don't let anyone (or groups of anyone's) make your mind up for you. Question what they tell you, because once your really educated on something, you'll find that their stereotypes are generally wrong. It's up to you to decide what's right and wrong by your own standards. If I raise you to have anything, I certainly hope that it's to have your own opinion.
And yes, sometimes it's ok to have doughnuts for breakfast...even if your a cop.
No comments:
Post a Comment