
City folk have pony rides at parties...Country folk have horses! Our family definitely qualifies as country folk! ;) Your cousin Olivia graciously allowed you a turn on Lucky, a very handsome horse! At first, you didn't want to go on by yourself. I could tell that you wanted to see him so badly, but you've only ever spent real quality time with miniature horses...so this was HUGE to you. You and Olivia did some laps, led by her cousin on her father's side of the family. Awhile later, you quietly asked me if you could go again. I said yes but asked you if you wanted Olivia or myself to ride along. You shook your head so hard I thought it was going to fall off!
You got helped on, as all the little cowpokes did, and looked over at me. Even on that large horse, you seemed so big. Of all the times in your four years of life, I'd say this would be a top contender for one of the times I've seen you smile hardest. You sat so straight and tall, proud of being a brave girl. The sun was setting and you knew it was time to give Lucky a brake. He had done so well with you all that afternoon. Just before you got down, the sun started to fade and I was left with this beautiful silhouette...of my big little girl in the saddle.
No comments:
Post a Comment