Christmas 2007 all you kept asking for was a guitar. I'm not sure where that idea came from. Nobody around you plays a guitar regularly. You don't even watch that Disney Channel show Hannah Montana. But you wanted a guitar like nothing else, so of course you got one. I didn't mind the idea of noise. I thought that it would be a good thing. Learning something new, a hobby. Hand-Eye coordination. Good things! I'm alright with that.It's been several months now and you've shunned any attempts to get you to play it "the right way." Most of the time you hold it like a slide guitar and pluck at it with either hand on the top or bottom of the guitar. You do not know any keys. You like to hide out in places where your song echo's, like the staircase. If your not echoing, then you prefer to try to sing and play loudly over whatever someone is watching (or trying to watch) on tv. Your favorite songs to sing are "ABC's" and "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer."
And somehow, I'm still alright with that!
No comments:
Post a Comment